Sunday, September 18, 2011

Alterated Mooncake Box

Mid Autumn Festival has just passed and as part of our school's welfare, each staff has been given one piece of mooncake. I guess it didn't taste too well as I have not and will not try it. But, the box , which is of more interest to me, is very inspirational and scrap-pable. Hence, this week will see 2 projects being shared...

This is the ordinary mooncake box:

This is the altered mooncake box.


I altered it to a jewellery box cum mini album box


The mini album inside will be used for my recent Hanoi Exchange trip. As I've also promised the students that after their exams, I will provide a scrapping session for them. This will be their project. The best part is, I've got more than 20 of such boxes, donated by the other teachers and staff who would otherwise throw away this piece of art.

Hinges on the side, bought from Homefix.


So it can open up like a jewellery box.

Cost of this whole album: Approximately $5 to $7
Materials Used: G45 ABC papers (for the outside), 7 Gypsies Paper (for the inside), Tim Holtz Masking Tape, Hinges (the most expensive one), Trims and Twine.

The are many more ideas to create using this box. I will definitely share more when I've managed to design it.

Meanwhile, Joyce has created a photo frame instead, using the G45 Wizard of Oz series.
And YES!!!! ... it's a relatively cheap project as well. As Laines and Papermarket is having a 40% discount for any 4 items or 10 pattern papers for $10. So make use of this good opportunity to stock up on any scrapbooking products that you've been wanting to buy for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment