Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shadow Box

This is an early entry as I will be off this Friday for an exchange trip to Vietnam, Hanoi.

Suddenly, had the urge to scrap today using something vintage and brown. And surprisingly, whatever I grab from the cupboard of mess today made sense.
The shadow box is something that I had bought in bulk from IKEA some time back. However, they have been a white elephant since.


Nothing really wow about this layout, no techniques at all. The only one thing I'm proud of is the $0 cost corks. There is this place, Merz @ Orchard Central, that offers 1-for-1 beer in the afternoon. So we had an early drinking session in celebration of Teacher's Day.


I must also make the effort to stress on the fact that this layout is super easy and cheap to make. First, for the embellishements/accents at the background, I simply use a recycled paper and recycled trims/lace to form a heart shape. Lots of inking and distressing at the sides though.. coz I love to distress.


Also, lots of Tim Holtz embellishments with Prima flowers to create the masculine yet feminine, vintage look.  Notice the background heart, I used Tim Holtz film strip. Do try to grab these if you happen to see them, coz they are so easy to use, and nice enough for you to create that professional look.

Materials use: Recycle Cardstock (any colour), Lace/trims, Tim Holtz embellishements, Kasier Craft Bonjour Collection (still available in Laines and Paper Market),  Making Memories Paper Reverie, Prima Flowers and swirls, Martha Stewart Punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment