Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Morning Inspiration

It hasn't been an easy week at work recently. In the midst of finding my way out from all the frustrations, I decided to create a mindless background over the weekend. This background was created by using the ranger alcohol inks. As you can see, it's really mindless. I simply just drip them where ever I liked and haven't really thought about how it is going to turn out.  
Tip: Sometimes when the colour turns out too dark, drip some blending solution to dilute it. The blending solution also helps to create beautiful patterns. The best part of the blending solution is that it also helps you to clean away any mistakes that you've made.


After the mindless activity, my mind was blank, I couldn't think of what to do till this morning.

Since, it was a morning inspiration, I decided to do something orangey. It was again by some luck that I managed to find some old scrap paper from my scrap pile, some old orange flowers from my scrap flowers and... tah dah... this layout in simply an hour.


Everything in the layout was from scraps. The flowers have been bought 2 years ago. I have no idea where did the swirls came from. The ribbon was some left over from some projects. And the best thing, I've used my circle cutter which I haven't used for the longest time.

Just as I completed the project and the title, I recalled I've got something similar when I first started scrapping.

In comparison, I think I have matured quite a bit in scrapbooking. Became more adventurous to try out different techniques at the expense of money. * Wink

Materials Used: Prima flowers and swirls, Bo Bunny 2009 Gift of love, Hambly Screen Prints, Ranger Alcohol Inks, Cardstocks, Thickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment