Monday, October 17, 2011

Timeless with Tim Holtz


Finally a piece inspired by all the Tim Holtz videos over the weekend. This is quite a technical piece and I'm very happy the way it turned out.



The background of the paper is created through misting using a random lace paper. I have wanted to use Tim Holtz alphas as a mask. However, to my horror, I do not have the alphas. It should be on the top of my to buy list this week.

The border of the frame is my favourite. It's created using the Tim Holtz kraft glassine paper. I've bought this for the longest time and haven't got time to get to something creative. Anyways, using the tips from the video, I embossed the kraft glassine using Tim Holtz Sizzix embossing folder and inked the whole thing with walnut stain before sticking it onto a chipboard. Since I find it a bit dark and boring, I decided to ink and embossed the edges with Stampendous Aged Gold. Surprisingly, the aged gold does looked aged here. For the final touch, I decided to drop some gloss gel medium to make it looked complete. You can try a more rustic and crackle feel by using rock candy crackle paint. I was caught in between which to use, and finally decided to go crackle-less as there has been lots of crackle recently.


 The frames are affixed to one another by using eyelets and twine. Each little corner then has its little own story.

At the top corner, I've decided to use just a little create ribbon, topped with a Tim Holtz little paper clip and Bingo number (7 years of marriage) and of course, my favourite Tim Holtz film strip.


 At the top right corner, I've used the Tim Holtz key and hole sentiments.



At the bottom corner, another one of my favourite, the Tim Holtz timepiece together with one of his philosophical tags.



The other bottom corner is also completed using some cut out flowers from Kaiser Craft pattern paper.



The background of the frame was created by a Kasier Craft transparency and a Tim Holtz resist paper, inked with worn lipstick.

Hope you like Tim Holtz as much as I do.

Materials Used: Tim Holtz kraft glassine, Kaiser Craft transparency and pattern paper, Tim Holtz sentiments, Sizzix embossing folder, distressing inks, Authentique stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment