Sunday, November 13, 2011

Canvas Painting

It's been a tough time at work for the last two weeks. There were things that I cannot reconcile with, hence scrapping has taken a back seat.

Amidst the stress and frustrations, decided to go for something beyond scrapping. The most basic form of art, the fundamentals of art... Drawing and Painting! There is this nice place, Arteastiq @ Mandarin Gallery that provides canvas painting, with brushes, canvas and a free drink for $48. There are different promotions for different days, for example, Monday's Romantic Blue Date where you get a 1 for 1 deal (for couples only); Tuesday's True Friendship Day, etc etc. You can check out their website www.arteastiq.com for further details.

As for me, I am never a good student in art. Remember the days where art was a compulsory and examinable subject in school, I practically got criticized by my teacher for every single lesson. So with apprehension and skepticism,  I decided to give it a try.

The sketch...


And the final piece.


I was lucky that Joyce was with me. Towards the end, I was rushing to finish the background and had difficulty with the fine details. The more nervous I get, the worst it was. I kept painting out of line. Of course, at this moment, Joyce the heroine came to the rescue! If you look carefully, there are many areas for improvement. However, after this experience, I do look forward to my next painting session. Hopefully the wait wouldn't be too long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment