Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sweet Angles

I found paradise yesterday. Yes, I found Magnolia pattern paper somewhere in Singapore!!! Woo hoo... it was an unexpected discovery. Joyce and I were so excited that we decided to do a Magnolia challenge from late yesterday night till this morning around 2 am?

This is the result of my challenge!


What's Magnolia, without the iconic Magnolia girls. I used watercolour crayon for that part, instead of copic markers. I'm still a noob at colouring, especially so for the Magnolia girls. As they do not have any picture to follow, I have huge difficulty. This project has increased my temptation to sign up for the Magnolia stamp classes @ Artist De Junior @ Velocity. Maybe... Maybe... My Christmas present to myself. I backed the girl up with a Prima window. I like the way it turned out.


And now's the part on decorating each corners. Did a Prima mask with distress ink, doily lace one on top of each other to create dimension, recycled a backing from Prima flowers, tags from MME (on 40% @ Papermarket and Laines)...


Cut flowers from Webster pages, mixed them with Prima flowers (usual trick)...


Metal butterfly from some handmade jewelry shop and its really cheap...That's the thing about scrapbooking. Well, you can really scrap from anything. You need not lament that the items sold in scrapbooking shops are expensive as you can always go out to non scrapbooking shops to hunt for stuff. And you will be surprised with how much non-scrappy stuff you can get and eventually they just fall perfectly in place with your layout!


Webster flowers with Prima centres...

Webster pages lace where I folded two layers, again for dimension purposes... and not to forget the fake stitches. As the background is rather whitewashed, the faked stitches in black ink really brings out the whole layout. This is something I always liked to teach the students in START classes.


I might try to work on a similar one with HOME as a theme for one of the UK magazine. My dateline is 16 Dec. Hopefully it would turned out nice and I can be invited to be their guest designer... Cool...

Materials Used: Magnolia pattern paper, Tim Holtz paper stack, Prima flowers and embellishment, Webster pages, Magnolia stamps, Webster ribbons, Martha Stewart Doily lace punch, Prima brick and corner masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment