Monday, December 12, 2011

Home

Sorry for the lack of updates. Had been having a very hectic life since November with work, travel and family. And of course, also the fact that I wanted to scrap something with respect to a given theme by the UK magazine. I have NEVER scrap anything with a specific theme. Hence, that's the challenge, which took me almost a month.

Home... I've thought of using pictures from my current house, or even family photos, but somehow, it didn't sparked off anything creative or unique or special. Hence, the procrastination of scrapping starts. Not until recently, where I suddenly felt the pinch that the place I used to grow up in is going to be demolished soon. That's where the emotions came in and I decided to scrap my first home. Regardless of whether or not it gets accepted by the magazine, to me it's something worth the effort.

This layout involved some techniques. It's not that difficult, if you're an avid scrapper.

I self made the flowers from the scallop punch. I was practicing for a design class that I'm supposed to teach. So if you like it, do try to check out Laines for the design class.


I gave the Tim Holtz glassine paper some embossing and this time round decided to use crackle paint instead of gel medium to try a different feel. I would say I prefer the gel medium.

I also sand the edges of the photos to give it a more nostalgic look. In my scrap classes, I noticed that quite a number of students were rather reluctant when it comes to sanding. Basically, there are still quite a number of conservative scrappers around. I always like it when students are more appreciative of the vintage and rugged techniques. Or perhaps, maybe I should challenge myself with the no tearing, no distressing challenge. Some day perhaps.


Materials Used: Prima pattern papers, Webster Pages, Simple Stories pattern paper, Tim Holtz ideology embellishments, ribbons, Tim holtz tissue paper

No comments:

Post a Comment