Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Altered Art: Bird House

This is my first time working on wooden board altered art. I bought this sometime ago, wanting to scrap it for my best friend as a gift for her new house. However, it wasn't till recently that I finally forced myself to scrap.


 It's not such a difficult project as there is a picture to follow in the package. I just need to modify some of the things that I do not have and add a little more embellishments to my liking.


The whole birdhouse is decorated using the Kaisercraft Bonjour collection.

The roof is decorated using Martha Stewart doily lace punch on kraft cardstock. On hind sight, I regretted not inking the doily lace. I thought inking it might make the roof stand out more.


The original picture used a fence punch for the base. Since I didn't have that punch I substituted with the butterfly punch which I thought was quite cool too.


Finally for the top, I used Tim Holtz metal sentiments again. I noticed that Tim Holtz is very much into 4D too. All his metal sentiments have 4 digit numbers. I didn't used this particular number in the end, as I thought the number is not quite nice. I changed another one, which would not be shown here to give my best friend the privilege for being the only one who knows what is the lucky number is! All in all, I hope she likes it.


Materials used: Melissa Frances Bird House, Kaisercraft Bonjour Collection, Ribbons, Punches, Tim Holtz philosophy tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment