Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sketch Challenge 1

I'm loving this new UK magazine scrap365. They always have beautiful and inspiring sketches at the back of each issue. On top of that, they have a monthly sketch challenge. More details of it can be found on their website: www.scrap365.blogspot.com
This month sketch challenge is as shown below:



And I had 2 rendition of it.

The first one is more technical. Using G45 back to school papers, decided to make a layout for Chloe's Shichida teacher. This teacher had been with Chloe since her first lesson in Shichida. It's very sad that she leaving.


For the background, I used a stamp to create a resist using gesso. Then rub the background with Victorian velvet, very similar technique to the altered mooncake box.

I've also distress all the edges of the paper to give it a more crumbled look.


The wooden embellishment was distressed using vintage photo and later a thick coat of rock candy crackle paint. I like the way the stain bleed into the wooden embellishment. This is a technique I've learnt from one of the design class in Laines.

A G45 metal flower, bent with a lousy scissors



Guess what does IOQ means? Hahaha, it's meant to represent 10 - Q that is Ten(Thank) Q (you). Well, I didn't have numbers in that embellishment. It's all alphabets. So that's the best I could have created. I've also topped the whole thing up with glossy accent, which used to be my favourite item when I first started scrapping.



Materials Used: G45 Back to school pattern papers, G45 metal flowers, G45 Back to school stamp, Distress Stains includes Victorian velvet and Vintage photo, rock candy crackle paint, Ranger glossy accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment