Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Merry Christmas Altered Frame

Merry, Merry Christmas. Merry, Merry Christmas. Christmas is here!! Over the weekend, I wanted to create something for Christmas and managed to get the tree from Kaiser Craft.

Painted the wooden frame with white acrylic frame and distress it as the edges with vintage photo. Then, seal it with gloss gel medium. I love the gel medium. Basically, it helps you to seal everything! And if I’m not wrong, after sealing, non-acid free stuff will then become acid free. How nice.

I’ve painted the Kaiser Craft tree using the vintage photo crackle paint. I like how the brown turned out on the tree branches, and how it shows the occasional cracks. However, I didn’t like the tearing of the paper. The tree is too big to be placed in the hole created. I thought if it fitted nicely, it would have been better.


Snow was created using glossy accent mixed with white utee. This was a technique I learnt two years ago from a class. With the exception that it’s a bit messy, I love this technique as it creates lovely snow. You can use it on cards, layouts or anything you like. Just remember, if you want it to stick well, put more glossy accent instead of the utee. However, if you like it to drop off occasionally from your project, put more utee instead. Simple!

Butterflies, on Staz On ink and glue only on the centre to give it more dimension. A common trick I always like to use.

Finally, just to give everything a more blended look, I sprayed some walnut gold and coffee shop glimmer mist. I kind of regret the use of these colours. Perhaps, something blue might be more suitable for the winter theme?

Materials used: Ikea wooden frame, Kaiser Craft Wooden embellishment, 7 Gypsies pattern papers, Webster Pages (Christmas Collection), Prima flower and bird nest embellishments, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment