Thursday, February 23, 2012

(Dream) Together with you

I can't control myself and fell into the Prima trap. Went to Papermarket @ Clementi Mall earlier this week and was sweeping the Prima embellishments like crazy. They are really pretty. If you're the type of scrapper who loves layers, Prima embellishments should be on the top of your shopping list!


This layout isn't my typical style of pastel orange and cream. A bit too sweet and pale for my liking when I first saw the sun kiss papers. However, I wanted to challenge myself to something different. Hence I only picked 3 pattern papers from the sun kiss collection to work with.


Cut a frame and used the Prima mask to rub distress ink on, to create the birds and the wordings as part of the background. A little tip: distress the edges and corners of the photo mat to make it look less flat/more layered.


This little corner was layered using a MF frame and all the other items are from Prima. I really love the Prima vintage trinkets, which comes in 4's. They are really ideal for topping up with a ribbon or on top of flowers to give it the extra layer.


Most of the layers background are created using the journaling notecards. These are really lovely cards that have a pretty frame and little pixies that you can used them to decorate your layout. With a little glitter and glossy accent, they work much better than your chipboards.

The other thing about Prima is their packaging. Everything in Prima is so lovely, including their packaging. When I first saw their new packaging, I was a little disappointed as I used to love their transparent backing with the words. However, for the new packaging, they have tags! Lovely tags, that you can cut and look exactly like stickers. Brilliant!

Materials Used: Prima pattern papers: sun kiss and almanac collection, Prima tiles, flowers, vintage trinkets, mask, pebbles and journaling notecards,  liquid pearls (silver), glossy accent, graphic 45 pattern paper (old curiosity shoppe collection), Kaiser Craft rub-ons.

No comments:

Post a Comment