Sunday, February 12, 2012

Webster: Best Friends Forever

It's the altered art time again. This time BFF choose the Webster pages. So after a pretty stressful Saturday teaching Jaz's DS class at Laines, I managed to pick up a few little tricks from the class.
This is the raw desk caddy from Kaiser Craft.

By the way, Kaiser Craft has lots of these wooden pieces for altered art. And most of them are really quite cool, but a bit more for decoration purposes. This desk caddy and the tissue box are the more practical ones.


Decided to go for the very Webster look using blings, lace, prima flowers and everything webstery to decorate it.


Nothing really interesting, except I love the wooden bicycle flourish. I thought it look pretty cool here. And I was disappointed that I was unable to find another one in the shops anymore.


I am still wondering if I should add some G45 butterflies from their new collection. So BFF, you decide.


Just sharing a little habit that I always do when dealing with webster pages cut flowers. I love to distress them a little, with one of the browns, and use by bone folder to curl the edges of the flowers/leaves. This gives it a more scrunch up and realistic look.


Anyways, the next project, I probably work on an album using the G45 new collection papers that are extremely... NICE!!!!
Laines and Papermarket having a discount for Valentine's Day now. Do go down and grab any lovey dovey stuff and of course, the G45 papers are a good buy, if you're a vintage person.


Materials Used: Kaiser Craft Desk Caddy, Bicycle wooden flourish,  Friends Rub-ons Webster pages, Prima blings, Prima flowers, Antique linen, Lace (from Japan), Gold dimensional pearls, TPC Studio Metal sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment