Sunday, February 19, 2012

Graphic 45 Little Darlings: Best Friend Forever

This month's artwork are going to be dedicated to all my best friends. Or perhaps, all the way till next month as well. Just to ensure I have sufficient time to work on all the projects for all my BFF's.
This album inspiration came from teaching Sharon's Lexicon class @ Laines last December. I've been wanting to do an album for quite sometime. However, I just couldn't find good papers and motivation. This time round, the G45 papers are sooo.... LOVELY!!! And it comes with the Little Darlings version which is ideal for friends who just had babies, especially one of my long time good friend!


This whole album is made from scratch. Binded also from scratch. (Money saving and good way to get rid of old papers)


For the cover, I've just got 2 chipboards and did bookbinding to all the signatures. The binding thread as you can see from the sides.

Sharon's Lexicon album was much darker and brownish. I decided to go for something softer, vintage pink. I've used a mask as a resist on the sides and corner, using tea dye. Also, added the ever so familiar metal butterfly. This time with a twist by adding some matt blings for the centre.



Another one of my favourite embellishment, the Prima pebbles.


This is an additional part added in after the whole book was done. I had originally wanted to leave the Tim Holtz glass bottle empty for BFF to place whatever she wants. However, on the way out for dinner, I thought putting in some brads would be cool. So I added brads, some ribbons and a heart on a pin! That made the cluster more cluttered. I like. :)


The inside of the book.


The centre are stuck together using Tim Holtz tissue paper. Some beautiful rub-on quotes from Kaiser Craft have also been randomly placed inside the book. And this was also a good time to utilize all the baby stickers that I've bought for a long time and have been taking up so much space.

 The back cover. Nothing much except I added more Prima flocked rub-ons. These are really old products that I've bought for a long time and have yet to try them till today. The reason for trying? Prima has a new range of products out on the shelves!!! (I'm hoping to clear some space) I haven't seen them and is trying not to. Let's see how long I can endure!


Materials used: Graphic 45 Little Darlings pattern paper and stickers, Basic Grey Baby Stickers, Kaiser Craft Baby Rub-ons, Transparencies, Lace paper, Prima Flock Rub-ons, pebbles, flowers, Tim Holtz memo pins, tickets, glass bottles, ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment