Tuesday, June 5, 2012

7 Gypsies: Life is Beautiful



A layout I completed quite some time ago and I didn’t blog on it as I was hoping that it gets accepted by a magazine for publications. Unfortunately, it didn’t. L
However, I thought I do really wanted to share this layout as there are some really cool techniques involved.


The photo is actually a transfer image onto a sticky backed canvas. Instead of using gel medium, you could just use the photocopier paper and paste it on the sticky side of the canvas. Then using water, slowly rub off till you see your image forming. I thought this method was pretty cool and the transfer turns out to be so much better than using the gel medium. In fact, you can also do this on transparent sticky tape as one of the layouts I’ve done previously. I’m not sure if the clarity was also due to the fact that I used a hair dryer to dry instead of my heat gun (as it was lost under the huge pile of scrap).

I liked this photo a lot; however, I think there is something about it that is not favourable to the magazines. I like the huge empty space created by the photo. It gives me the space to journal or to stamp a good sentiment.

I also had good fun inking and stamping the plain cardstock to create the background.


The title was created without the use of chipboard stickers but the pattern paper itself. To make the words stand out more, I’ve used ranger black enamel.

I hope this layout will inspire you to try the image transfer technique!



Materials Used: Sticky back canvas, 7-Gypises pattern paper, Prima flowers, Ranger Black enamel, 7 Gypsies canvas tape, Tim Holtz tissue tape, Stampers Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment