Saturday, June 30, 2012

Graphic 45 Altered Art


Recently I realized that there is this craze about altered art. The altered art classes seems to be more popular than the layout classes, so I decided to try working on a piece myself.


And of course, I chose the papers that I simply adore, the G45 Once upon a spring time papers. I wanted to create not just a simple display piece but something useful as well. 


As Chloe always left her hair ties all over her room, I decided to include a little drawer in this project for her to keep her hair ties and clips. I could have a little more patience in painting the inside of the chipboard, but I was too lazy.


I love creating the drawer. It's rather simple. Just cut a hole through the front side of the chipboard and create a little open rectangular cuboid as a drawer. Remember to also raise the platform inside the big box, so that the drawer can slide in and out. The raised platform can be achieve by using foam dots.


The circular compartments are made using recycled toilet rolls. Cheap and good. I had initially wanted to make a door for each compartment, so that it opens up like a cupboard. But that was too troublesome. I didn't have the patience.


Hope you are inspired to look through your house to see if you can find any recycled materials to altered.

Materials Used: G45 pattern papers and metal embellishments Prima pattern papers, Tim Holtz Embellishments, Chipboards, Ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment