Friday, March 30, 2012

First Try @ Mixed Media

There has been so much talk and videos about mixed media, that has got my hands so itchy to try at it. So finally during the March holidays, I've decided to give it  ago.


Definitely quite a noob piece of art. Background was created with sticking lots of pattern paper on a sticky back canvas and white washing it with white acrylic paint and highlighting with other colours. I think I could have done better with the highlighting of other brighter colours.


However, I think I enjoyed the process of doing the collage and getting all the odd pieces of stuff together.


Handmade flowers using tissue paper tape.



My Favourite butterflies. And I thought they look nice, with the golden pearls instead of the usual blings.

Materials Used: Sticky Back Canvas, Lots of Pattern paper (I really can't recalled what I've used), 7 Gypsies tape and tissue paper, Tim Holtz tissue tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment