Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm a Tim Holtz Fan

Okay, this is the last entry for the day/night. I promised. Sorry for the huge number of posts today as I haven't been blogging but I've been creating. And there is just so much that I wanted to share!

I bought this yesterday, wanting to scrap something for myself in the month of March.


When I finally reached home late at night, I thought of making something really simple and fast. Since the frame is already so pretty, little needs to be done. However, slowly and gradually, I turned this sweety frame into some really grungy thing like this.


Ha! Dear calls it a pool of shit. Then later, he was a little nicer, he calls it ice-kachang now. Because of all the red, green, blue colours.


I wanted to created the crackle paint and distress stains over it effect, in his book Compendium of Curiosities (Book 2). Perhaps I haven't done enough of planning for the colours. (that's why it looks like ice-kachang). However, I do love the randomness.


The background was done with the technique I learnt in the online class.  


And I love creating the sides of the frames using all the metal charms.


I really like how it turned out and enjoy looking at it while I worked through the painful work in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment